- Terry Gronwall
Sunday May 8th, 2022 Honeoye Lake Water Quality
Surface Water Temperature: 56.8 F
Water Clarity: 11.9 Feet
Lake Level: 803.7 Feet above sea level
Lake Level Relative to Weir: +0.5 Feet
Sunday May 8th, 2022 was a great day to be boating or fishing on Honeoye Lake!
Picture was taken late morning looking NW from near the NYS Public Boat Launch.
Observations: Sunday (5/8/22), The water clarity was good at 11.9 feet and there was no visible algae in the water column. The lake is well mixed with plenty of dissolved oxygen in the deep water to keep the phosphorus bound to iron in the bottom sediments. We will be collecting and posting water quality data weekly now. Usually, every Monday evening.
This is a good time to go Crappie fishing in Honeoye Lake. Crappies are usually found in shallow water in the spring when the water temperature is between 55-60 F.
Always use your own visual assessment before making contact with the lake water at this time of year as the blue-green algae situation can change daily if not hourly. Please regularly check the DEC HABs alert map for more detailed updates on Honeoye Lake HABs alerts:
Draft Aeration Planning Project Report, Public Information Meeting Presentation, and WebEx recording posted on the HLWTF web site:
2. Do you have questions on the Aeration Planning Project? Please send all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be taking questions until May 22, 2022. We will then compile all of the questions and answers into a final document in June. Which will be posted on the HLWTF site.
- Click on this link for the Winter 2022 HLWTF Newsletter:
- Click on this link to see the new HLWTF Honeoye Lake Watershed Storm Water Took Kit if you are planning any storm water projects on your property:
- Click on this link for "2022 Update on the Honeoye Lake Engineering Planning Project":
Aeration Engineering Grant | Honeoye Lake (honeoyelakewatershed.org)
- Click on this link for "Honeoye Lake: 2021 State of the Lake article":
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH | Honeoye Lake (honeoyelakewatershed.org)
Click on the blue outlined box that says "Log in / Sign up" in the upper right-hand corner of this page to sign-up to be notified when we update our weekly Honeoye Lake water quality blog.